The role is responsible for the attending preventative and reactive maintenance within the retail estate and main bakery.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work to a planned preventative maintenance schedule including liaising with service/maintenance third parties as appropriate.
- Prioritise any reactive maintenance requests as a result of equipment breakdowns or equipment performance problems or to elevate this decision if required to the Facilities & Maintenance Manager.
- Be involved in the management and control of stock of critical spare parts for key equipment.
- Contribute towards service strategies such as premises development and improved facilities to operate within agreed budgets.
- Ensure that all contractors adhere to their written risk assessments and method statements.
- Assist in co-ordinate communication between multiple contractors if they are to be working on site at the same time ensuring that all parties are aware of each other’s activities.
- Conduct the Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) ensuring that an internal equipment register is maintained updated as appropriate.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for maintenance, repair or renovation.
- To ensure that the fixtures and fittings in the company’s shops are maintained in good condition.
- To co-ordinate the use of contractors
- Ensure the security of the company’s properties by researching and implementing various security measures, such as surveillance CCTV cameras or security access doors.
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
- The review and modernisation of the management and reporting systems relating to those points listed above in order to deliver a streamlined service to all users.
Health & Safety
- To comply with all current legislation in relation to health & safety including the maintenance of appropriate records.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a central record of all risk assessments safe working practices.
- Assist in the co-ordination of fire alarm, emergency light testing along with staff evacuation drills.
- Assist with the continuing development of robust, transparent health and safety systems and procedures.
- Ensure that you have any protective equipment you may require, that you wear it correctly and that you also maintain the equipment in good condition.
- To liaise with the retail sites (and where needed the manufacturing site) to ensure that all parties are aware of any planned maintenance activity so that retail plans can be tailored, when necessary, to ensure organisational requirements are satisfied on time and in full.
Communicate with the Facilities & Maintenance Manager on a daily basis regarding planned or reactive works.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Pay Rate: £14.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend work will be required occasionally
- Ideally, you should be qualified to work on electrical systems such as lighting and socket ring mains, have a minimum of one years worth of experience in the facilities and maintenance industry. You must hold a valid UK driving licence.