Are you creative with an eye for detail, an artistic flair and a passion for food?
A lot of care and pride goes into making our quality custom-made cakes, we need passionate and skilled cake decorators to make them.
Whether you are fully trained or starting out, we can offer a training programme to develop your skills.
The principle responsibilities of the role are:
- To produce bespoke celebration cakes to meet both customer specifications and the company’s high quality standards.
- To produce decorated confectionery products as per daily production plan (cupcakes, biscuits, etc.) paying attention to product detail
- To work at an efficient and effective rate to ensure that you complete the workload for each day on time and in full.
- To support main bakery department with morning share out and the production of other products as and when required
- To use your creativity and artistic ability to contribute ideas and designs for new products
- To continually review existing products and identify ways of improving the product or production process.
- To look out for new materials, methods, etc. which could add value to the product range and manufacturing operations
In addition to pay we offer the following benefits to all of our employees:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Generous staff discount scheme with 50% discount on many products
- Workwear uniform & safety shoes
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year with additional holidays related to length of service
- Service celebration days
- Pension scheme to which the company contributes an additional 3% on top of your own contributions
Jenkins Bakery is a highly-respected, well-established and award-winning family business which prides itself on the values of traditional recipes and great craftsmanship.
Our range includes a variety of delicious products which are delivered to our branches across South Wales every single day, ensuring that our customers receive the freshest produce available.
Our heritage is deep rooted in the local community and we still operate with the core family values we were founded with. With 30 stores across South West Wales and a central bakery, we are proud to be accredited as an Investor In People.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20 – 39 per week
Pay Rate: From £10.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Cake decorating: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: Cake-RM (07/23)