Jenkins Bakery is a highly-respected well-established and award-winning family business which prides itself on the values of traditional recipes and great craftsmanship. Our range includes a variety of delicious products which are delivered to our branches across South Wales every single day, ensuring that our customers receive the freshest produce available.
Our heritage is deep rooted in the local community and we still operate with the core family values we were founded with. With 27 stores across South West Wales and a central bakery, we are proud to be accredited as an Investor In People.
For further details about the company please visit our website: www.jenkinsbakery.co.uk.
Responsible directly to the Production Team Leader.
We are currently looking to recruit a baker/confectioner to work in our Llanelli based Bakery. You will work as part of the bakery team to produce high quality, attractive and food safe bakery products to be freshly dispatched daily to each of our 27 stores.
. To accurately follow the Company’s recipes, work process or production method.
. To ensure that production is picked correctly according to the shop order sheets
. To meet times identified on the dispatch schedule for transport to our shops
. To monitor the use of raw materials ensuring they are used efficiently.
. Identify and report to line Manager any shortages of finished or raw product.
. Various cleaning duties as required.
. To comply with all Health and Safety policies, rules and guidelines.
· To follow all company and legislative food safety and hygiene policies, rules and procedures.
This role is full time based on a 5.5 day week (39 hours) over Monday to Saturday morning
What we offer in return:
· Generous staff discount scheme with 50% discount on many products
· Workwear uniform & safety shoes
· 5.6 weeks holiday per year with additional holidays related to length of service
· Service celebration days
· Pension scheme to which the company contributes an additional 3% on top of your own contributions
· National minimum wage with scope for development to higher grades
· 13 pay days per year (every 4 weeks)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.50 per hour
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- baking: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person