Jenkins Bakery is a highly-respected well-established and award-winning family business which prides itself on the values of traditional recipes and great craftsmanship. Our range includes a variety of delicious products which are delivered to our branches across South Wales every single day, ensuring that our customers receive the freshest produce available.
Our heritage is deep rooted in the local community and we still operate with the core family values we were founded with. With 27 stores across South West Wales and a central bakery, we are proud to be accredited as an Investor In People.
For further details please visit our website: www.jenkinsbakery.co.uk
Responsible directly to the Hygiene Supervisor indirectly to the Technical Manager.
To ensure excellent hygiene standards are achieved and maintained.
The key day-to-day tasks of the Hygiene Operative include:
· Ensure excellent hygiene standards are met throughout the site providing a good level of detail cleaning work
· Verify standards through performing visual inspection
· Maintaining personal training and competence against cleaning instructions
· Completion of cleaning verification paperwork where necessary
· Follow COSHH rules and observe and adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures.
· Liaising with your supervisor in proposal of process/cleaning regime improvements
· To work in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Guidelines.
· To work in accordance with the Company Personnel Rule book and to observe all food safety and safe working practises.
This role would suit someone from a hygiene background who is looking at working with one of Wales’ premier private food retail companies.
This part time role is based on a 20-24 hour working week. Rota: Week 1 Monday – Friday, Week 2 Monday – Saturday. However, due to the nature of the business there will also be a requirement for some flexibility.
What we offer in return:
· Generous staff discount scheme with 50% discount on many products
· Workwear uniform & safety shoes
· 5.6 weeks holiday per year with additional holidays related to length of service
· Service celebration days
· Pension scheme to which the company contributes an additional 3% on top of your own contributions
· Minimum wage
· 13 pay days per year (every 4 weeks)
Part-time hours: 20-24 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent