Working to pre-set preventative maintenance plans as well as responding to day-to-day breakdowns and building fabric issues for 30 commercial properties primarily in the Swansea / Llanelli area, but as far east as Bridgend and as far west as Carmarthen.
- Basic duties of the Facilities Maintenance Technician will be:
- Delivering electrical and mechanical maintenance, repair and servicing.
- Carry out repairs and upgrade of site utilities including electric ovens, refrigeration units, display counters, office space and all utilities such as toilets.
- Assist in the commissioning of new equipment where required.
- To undertake building decoration such as painting etc.
- To fault find and repair on mechanical equipment such as locks, shutters and lifts.
- To carry out building infrastructure repair and modification e.g. plumbing and other similar activities. To work to site health and safety standards at all times.
Facilities Maintenance Technician from a multi trade background but with the following:
- Qualified electrically to 17th Edition regs ideally with Inspection and Testing
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Prior experience of maintenance in either a facilities, industrial or manufacturing environment (knowledge of the food industry would be of advantage)
- Full UK driving license is essential
- Good communication skills
- A self-starter who comfortable working on their own initiative
This is an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Technician looking to work for a dynamic, fast-moving and growing retail business in the south Wales area. This role would suit someone from a facilities maintenance background who is looking for a mobile role working with one of Wales’ premier private food retail companies.
The full-time role is based on a 39-hour working week working a Monday to Friday “days” work pattern and the part time role is on a 20-hour working week over the same days. However, due to the nature of the business and there will also be a requirement for out of hours, on-call work and so some flexibility is needed.
Apart from salary, other benefits associated with the role are:
- Generous staff discount on purchases
- Additional service-related holiday entitlement